Senior Living in Gallitzin, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Gallitzin, PA: 16641
- Gallitzin scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Gallitzin scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Altoona Regional Health System, Altoona Center, and Healthsouth Rehab Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cambria Care Center, Rebekah Manor Personal Care Facilities, and Senior Care Altoona.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 22 golf courses in or around the city, including Immergrun Golf Club, Ebensburg Country Club, and Summit Country Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Horse Shoe Curve Park, Prince Gallitzin State Park, and Wright\'s Orchard Station.
- There are 76 churches in or near the city, including St Michael\'s Church, St Joseph\'s Church, and St Monica Church.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 50 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 49 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $52,003, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $42,959, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $20,951, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $30,936 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,248 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $41,481 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.31%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gallitzin receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Gallitzin has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Gallitzin has a sparse population density of 154.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gallitzin have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Gallitzin has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.80%.