Senior Living in Gambrills, Maryland
Top zip codes in Gambrills, MD: 21054
- Gambrills scores significantly higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Gambrills scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 7 hospitals within close range of the city, including Crownsville Hospital Center, Baltimore Washington Medical Center, and Clifton T Perkins Hosp Center.
- There are 190 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Waugh Chapel Center, Regency Park, and Hearthomes at Piney Orchard.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 622 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 94 golf courses in or around the city, including Crofton Country Club, Walden Golf Club, and Courses At Fort Meade, The -Parks.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Washington DC / Capitol KOA, Patuxent Research Refuge, and Fox Hill Recreation Center.
- There are 487 churches in or near the city, including Epiphany Episcopal Church, First Evangelical Lutheran Chr, and St Joseph\'s Church.
- There are 22 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 261 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 205 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $128,966, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $114,432, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $48,950, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.66%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gambrills receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gambrills has mild mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Gambrills has an average population density of 568.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gambrills have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Gambrills has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.24%.