Senior Living in Garards Fort, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Garards Fort, PA: 15334
- Garards Fort scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Garards Fort scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Southwest Regional Medical Center and West Virginia University Hospitals).
- There are 19 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fort Mason Village, Annabelle Pratt Boarding Home, and Rolling Meadows Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 51 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (38% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Carmichaels Golf Club, Greene County Country Club, and Rohanna\'s Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Friendship Hill National Historic Site, Wana B Park, and Mt. Morris Trailer Park.
- There are 16 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Consolation, Cornerstone C & MA Church, and All Saints Church.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 28 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 8 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.77% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,193, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,500, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,956, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Garards Fort receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Garards Fort has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Garards Fort has a very sparse population density of 59.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Garards Fort have a long daily commute time.
- Garards Fort has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.55%.