Senior Living in Garden City, Idaho
Top zip codes in Garden City, ID: 83714
- Garden City scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Garden City scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including Treasure Valley Hospital, Bhc Intermountain Hospital, and Idaho Elks Rehabilitation Hospital.
- There are 95 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Willowbrook HOA, Rosewind House, and Garnet Place.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 355 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 20 golf courses in or around the city, including Crane Creek Country Club, Cherry Lane Golf Club, and Foxtail Executive Course.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Zamzows on State street, Catalpa Park, and DeMeyer Park.
- There are 289 churches in or near the city, including Grace Chapel Boise, Community Church of the Valley, and Community Christian Ctr.
- There are 27 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 147 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 14 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 72 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.38% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,807, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,352, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,623, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $43,200 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $98,915 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $35,750 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.68%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Garden City receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Garden City has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Garden City has a sparse population density of 416.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Garden City have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Garden City has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.94%.