Senior Living in Gardiner, New York
Top zip codes in Gardiner, NY: 12525
- Gardiner scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Gardiner scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Moran\'s Rest Home, The Mountain View Nursing and Rehab Centre, and Woodland Pond at New Paltz.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 62 golf courses in or around the city, including Stone Dock Golf Club, Rondout Country Club, and Mohonk Mountain House Golf Course.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear’s Jellystone Park™ Camp-Resort at Lazy River, Mohonk Preserve, and Shawangunk Grasslands National Wildlife Refuge.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Affirmative Evangelism Fllwshp, Pine Bush United Methodist Chr, and Trinity Evangelical Lutheran.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 43 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 33 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,908, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $83,558, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,280, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.94%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gardiner receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Gardiner has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Gardiner has a sparse population density of 140.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gardiner have a long daily commute time.
- Gardiner has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 93.06%.