Senior Living in Garfield, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Garfield, NJ: 07026
- Garfield scores significantly lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Garfield scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 67 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Mary\'s Hospital, St Mary\'s Hospital, Passaic, and Beth Israel Hospital.
- There are 296 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hamilton Plaza Nursing and Rehab, Chestnut Hill Residence, and Altair.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3706 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 212 golf courses in or around the city, including The East/West Course at Upper Montclair Country Club, Arcola Country Club, and Orchard Hills Golf Club.
- There are 32 parks near the city center, including Van Saun County Park, Overpeck County Park, and Goffle Brook Park.
- There are 1247 churches in or near the city, including Our Lady of Mt Virgin Church, Calvary Baptist Church, and Our Lady of Sorrows Church.
- There are 15 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 2301 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 193 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 1008 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 8.29% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.76% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,487, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,166, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,740, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.86%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Garfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Garfield has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Garfield has a very dense population density of 14,028.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Garfield have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Garfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.22%.