Senior Living in Genesee, Idaho
Top zip codes in Genesee, ID: 83832
- Genesee scores significantly higher than the Idaho average of 64.
- Genesee scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gritman Medical Center).
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including My Own Home, Creekside Seniors, and Kindred Nursing and Rehabilitation - Aspen Park.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 24 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 7 golf courses in or around the city, including University of Idaho Golf Course, Moscow Elks Golf Club, and WSU Public Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Moscow Dog Park, Nez Perce National Historical Park, and Deep Roots Farm.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Church of Christ, Islamic Center of Moscow, and Church of Jesus Christ of Lds.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.40% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.75% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Idaho has an average state income tax of 5.42%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,356, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $60,417, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,694, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $42,000 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $87,600 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $25,480 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,188 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.79%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Genesee receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Genesee has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Genesee has a very sparse population density of 10.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Genesee have an average daily commute time.
- Genesee has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 97.05%.