Senior Living in Geneva, New York
Top zip codes in Geneva, NY: 14456
- Geneva scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Geneva scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Geneva General Hospital and Clifton Springs Hospital And Clinic).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Finger Lakes Health, Seneca Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Clifton Springs Nursing Home.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 22 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 41 golf courses in or around the city, including Geneva Country Club, Seneca Lake Country Club, and Big Oak Public Golf Course -North Nine.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Geneva Recreation Complex, Seneca Lake State Park, and Sampson State Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including Adams James H, St Francis De Sales Church, and St Peters Episcopal Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.69% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.41% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,434, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,392, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,742, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.37%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Geneva receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Geneva has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Geneva has a sparse population density of 257.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Geneva have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Geneva has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.89%.