Senior Living in Germansville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Germansville, PA: 18053
- Germansville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Germansville scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Gnaden Huetten Memorial Hospital, National Hospital For Kids, and Palmerton Hospital.
- There are 32 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Cornerstone Living, The Village at Palmerton, and Mahoning Valley Nursing and Re.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Par 3 Course at Olde Homestead Golf Club, Mahoning Valley Country Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Allentown KOA, Trexler Nature Preserve, and Lehigh Gap Nature Center.
- There are 102 churches in or near the city, including Heidelberg Lutheran Church, Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, and Good Shepherd United Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 60 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.39% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.48% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $77,193, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,493, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,851, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,660 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $139,550 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,500 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $47,728 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.03%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Germansville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Germansville has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Germansville has a sparse population density of 144.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Germansville have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Germansville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.42%.