Senior Living in Gilbert, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Gilbert, PA: 18331
- Gilbert scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Gilbert scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Palmerton Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Brookmont Healthcare Center, Weston Senior Living Center at Brodheadsville, and Wesley Enhanced Living at Chestnuthill Manor.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 93 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 66 golf courses in or around the city, including Hideaway Hills Golf Club, Indian Mountain Golf Course, and Woodstone Golf Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Silver Valley Campsite, The Woods Campground, and Beltzville State Park.
- There are 22 churches in or near the city, including Christ Church Little Moore, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Hope United Church of Christ.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 32 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 43 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.52% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,042, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $33,839, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,167, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 20.39%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 4% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gilbert receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gilbert has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Gilbert has a sparse population density of 253.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gilbert have an average daily commute time.
- Gilbert has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.79%.