Senior Living in Gilbert, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Gilbert, SC: 29054
- Gilbert scores higher than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Gilbert scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Samaritan\'s Well, Deepwood Estates, and The Village at Southlake.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 29 golf courses in or around the city, including Cooper\'s Creek Golf Course, Ponderosa Country Club, and Golden Hills Golf & Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Gilbert Community Park, Carolina Daylilies, and Camp Kinard.
- There are 135 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Gilbert, Grace Lutheran Church, and St Paul\'s Lutheran Church.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 40 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.25% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $73,154, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,715, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,587, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,800 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,015 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $42,625 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.81%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gilbert receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gilbert has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Gilbert has a sparse population density of 168.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gilbert have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Gilbert has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 84.18%.