Senior Living in Gilbertsville, New York
Top zip codes in Gilbertsville, NY: 13776
- Gilbertsville scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Gilbertsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 11 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Valley View Manor Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Chenango Valley Home and Apartments, and UHS Senior Living at Chenango Memorial Hospital.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There is 1 pharmacy within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (44% of residents).
- There are 21 golf courses in or around the city, including Cee Jay Golf Course, Woodhaven Park Golf Course, and Canasawacta Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Unadilla / I-88 / Oneonta KOA and Susquehanna Trail Campground).
- There are 3 churches in or near the city, including 1St Baptist Church, Episcopal Rectory E Main, and Young George E.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There is 1 gym or health club in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.77% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.59% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,087, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,125, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,800, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.96%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gilbertsville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Gilbertsville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Gilbertsville has a very sparse population density of 90.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gilbertsville have an average daily commute time.
- Gilbertsville has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.38%.