Senior Living in Gilson, Illinois
Top zip codes in Gilson, IL: 61436
- Gilson scores significantly higher than the Illinois average of 74.
- Gilson scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Galesburg Cottage Hospital and St Mary Medical Center).
- There are 13 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Knox County Nursing Home, RFMS, Inc., and The Kensington.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 34 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (32% of residents).
- There are 14 golf courses in or around the city, including Laurel Greens Public Golfers Club(East 18 Course at Laurel Greens Public Golfers Club ), Oak Run Public Golf Course, and Lake Bracken Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Best Holiday Trav-l-park, Kiwanis Park, and Rogers Park.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Harvest Church of God, Geo H Wilson, and Sacred Church of God.
- There are 2 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 18 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 13 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.96% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.84% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 8.63%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Illinois has an average state income tax of 3.59%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,208, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,848, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,862, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $38,844 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $63,875 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gilson receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Gilson has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Gilson has a very sparse population density of 15.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gilson have an average daily commute time.
- Gilson has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.13%.