Senior Living in Girard, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Girard, PA: 16417
- Girard scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Girard scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Pleasant Ridge Manor , Battles Village, and Fairview Manor.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 50 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 38 golf courses in or around the city, including Elk Valley Golf & Recreation, Over Lake Golf Course, and Beachwood Country Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Folly\'s End Campground, Uncle John\'s Elk Creek Campground, and Pine Lane Campground.
- There are 31 churches in or near the city, including Girard Alliance Church, St John\'s Catholic Church, and St John\'s Banquet & Cnfrnc.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 22 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 18 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.64% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.83% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,026, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $51,917, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,980, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,620 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,755 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,680 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,286 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.96%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Girard receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Girard has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Girard has a sparse population density of 179.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Girard have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Girard has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.43%.