Senior Living in Gladwyne, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Gladwyne, PA: 19035
- Gladwyne scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Gladwyne scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 60 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Health System, Fairmount Behavioral Hlth Syst, and Roxborough Memorial Hospital.
- There are 252 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Waverly Heights, Beaumont at Bryn Mawr, and Spring Mill Presbyterian Village.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1682 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (41% of residents).
- There are 179 golf courses in or around the city, including Centennial Course at Philadelphia Country Club, Walnut Lane Golf Club, and Whitemarsh Valley Country Club.
- There are 28 parks near the city center, including Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, Smith Memorial Playground & Playhouse, and Norristown Farm Park.
- There are 779 churches in or near the city, including Beth David Reform Congregation, St Christopher\'s Church, and St Margaret Rc Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1096 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 50 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 507 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $286,840, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $135,724, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $112,425, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.07%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gladwyne receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gladwyne has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Gladwyne has an average population density of 794.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gladwyne have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Gladwyne has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.