Senior Living in Glen Aubrey, New York
Top zip codes in Glen Aubrey, NY: 13777
- Glen Aubrey scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Glen Aubrey scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including United Health Services Hospitals, Inc, Our Lady Of Lourdes Memorial Hospital, Inc, and Binghamton Psychiatric Center.
- There are 22 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Good Shepherd Village at Endwell, James G Johnston Memorial Nursing Home, and Life at Elizabeth Church Manor Nursing Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 94 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 37 golf courses in or around the city, including Championship Course at Heritage Country Club, Ely Park Municipal Golf Course, and Chenango Commons Golf Course.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Greenwood County Park, Chenango Valley State Park, and CFJ Park.
- There are 60 churches in or near the city, including Most Holy Rosary Church, Castle Creek United Meth Ch, and All Saints National Cath Chrch.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 64 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 29 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.20% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.43% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $50,331, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $45,720, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,949, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $123,100 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $18,200 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,349 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.84%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glen Aubrey receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Glen Aubrey has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Glen Aubrey has a sparse population density of 120.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glen Aubrey have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Glen Aubrey has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very low graduation rate of 68.61%.