Senior Living in Glen Burnie, Maryland
- Glen Burnie scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Glen Burnie scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 20 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baltimore Washington Medical Center, Harbor Hospital, and Harbor Hospital Center.
- There are 234 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Glen Burnie Health and Rehabilitation Center, Hands of Love and Care, and Family Home Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 716 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (23% of residents).
- There are 89 golf courses in or around the city, including Chartwell Golf & Country Club, Carroll Park Golf Course, and Timbers At Troy, The.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Kinder Farm Park, Fort Smallwood Park, and Fort McHenry National Monument and Historic Shrine.
- There are 657 churches in or near the city, including Elvaton Baptist Church, Friendship Missionary Baptist, and Faith Baptist Church.
- There are 18 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 532 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 18 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 250 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.54% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.66% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $70,966, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $61,432, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,149, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.10%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glen Burnie receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Glen Burnie has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Glen Burnie has a dense population density of 3,378.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glen Burnie have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Glen Burnie has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.12%.