Senior Living in Glen Wild, New York
Top zip codes in Glen Wild, NY: 12738
- Glen Wild scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Glen Wild scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ellenville Regional Hospital, Ellenville Community Hospital, and Catskill Regional Medical Center.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Gardens Apartments, John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing, and Catskill Regional Medical Center S N F.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 60 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Tarry Brae Golf Course, Pines Hotel & Golf Club, The, and The Challenger Course at Concord Resort & Golf Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Hilltop Farm Campsites, Holiday Mountain Ski Area, and Camp Kaylie.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of Christian Churches, Praise Dominion Family Worship, and Ellenville Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 41 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 17 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.05% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.95% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $139,030, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $102,625, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $37,834, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 1.34%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glen Wild receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Glen Wild has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Glen Wild has a very sparse population density of 48.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glen Wild have a very short daily commute time.
- Glen Wild has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 95.94%.