Senior Living in Glendale, Rhode Island
Top zip codes in Glendale, RI: 02826
- Glendale scores higher than the Rhode Island average of 75.
- Glendale scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Rehabilitation Hospital and Landmark Medical Center, Inc).
- There are 77 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Stillwater Heights, Burrillville Housing Authority, and Pine Grove Health Center.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.9, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 155 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 134 golf courses in or around the city, including Country View Golf Club, Crystal Lake Golf Club, and Blissful Meadows Golf Club.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Douglas State Forest, West Hill Dam, and Lincoln Woods State Park.
- There are 127 churches in or near the city, including First Univ Chr of Burrillville, St Patricks Catholic Church, and First Univ Chr of Harrisville.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 69 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 71 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.71% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.31% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Rhode Island has an average state income tax of 2.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $42,055, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $33,567, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,987, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $63,900 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $103,113 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,290 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.00%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glendale receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Glendale has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Glendale has a sparse population density of 316.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glendale have a long daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Glendale has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 100.00%.