Senior Living in Glendora, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Glendora, NJ: 08029
- Glendora scores significantly higher than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Glendora scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 31 hospitals within close range of the city, including Kennedy University Hospital, Inc (stratford Divis, Underwood Memorial Hospital, and Camden Cnty Hlth Servs Center.
- There are 158 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Deptford Center, Voorhees Senior Living, and Laurel Manor Healthcare and Rehabilitation Center.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1323 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 148 golf courses in or around the city, including Westwood Golf Club, Woodbury Country Club, and Tavistock Country Club.
- There are 24 parks near the city center, including Timber Creek Park, Saddler\'s Woods, and Trump National Golf Club.
- There are 455 churches in or near the city, including Chews United Methodist Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and St Maria Goretti Church.
- There are 19 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 796 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 35 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 393 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $68,929, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,331, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $27,700, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.50%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glendora receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Glendora has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Glendora has a dense population density of 4,622.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glendora have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Glendora has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.50%.