Senior Living in Glenolden, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Glenolden, PA: 19036
- Glenolden scores significantly lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Glenolden scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 41 hospitals within close range of the city, including Mercy Fitzgerald Hospital, Delaware County Memorial Hospital, and Mercy Community Hospital.
- There are 194 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Haskins House, Prospect Park Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Little Flower Manor.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1348 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 169 golf courses in or around the city, including Rolling Green Golf Club, Springfield Country Club, and McCall Field Golf Course.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including John Heinz National Wildlife Refuge at Tinicum, Governor Printz Park, and Scott Arboretum of Swarthmore College.
- There are 648 churches in or near the city, including Southside Baptist Church, St George\'s Catholic Church, and Holmes Presbyterian Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 967 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 39 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 364 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $61,570, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,838, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,330, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glenolden receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Glenolden has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Glenolden has a very dense population density of 8,464.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glenolden have an average daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Glenolden has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.34%.