Senior Living in Glenside, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Glenside, PA: 19038
- Glenside scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Glenside scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 62 hospitals within close range of the city, including Chestnut Hill Rehab Hospital, Abington Memorial Hospital, and Northwestern Institute.
- There are 268 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Edgehill Nursing and Rehab Cen, The Oaks, and Genesis Healthcare.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1783 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 171 golf courses in or around the city, including North Hills Country Club, Lu Lu Country Club, and Sandy Run Country Club.
- There are 21 parks near the city center, including Curtis Arboretum, Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania, and Lorimer Park.
- There are 746 churches in or near the city, including St Luke the Ev Cath Church, Antioch Baptist Church, and Queen of Peace Rectory.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1061 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 52 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 485 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $98,371, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $84,169, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $36,894, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.74%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glenside receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Glenside has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Glenside has a dense population density of 4,010.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glenside have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Glenside has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.90%.