Senior Living in Glenwood, Maryland
Top zip codes in Glenwood, MD: 21738
- Glenwood scores higher than the Maryland average of 78.
- Glenwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Springfield Hospital Center, Montgomery General Hospital Inc, and Howard County General Hospital.
- There are 129 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Meadow Assisted Living, Hillside House, and Yolandas Home.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 217 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 104 golf courses in or around the city, including Cattail Creek Country Club, Turf Valley Resort & Conference Center -East, and Blue Mash Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Patuxent River State Park, Piney Run Park, and Robinson Nature Center.
- There are 162 churches in or near the city, including Hottinger G Robert, Schwinger Richard E, and St Andrew\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 106 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 78 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.44% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.93% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $210,085, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $160,912, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $63,332, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $61,200 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,410 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,150 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,044 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.22%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glenwood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Glenwood has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Glenwood has a sparse population density of 449.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glenwood have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Glenwood has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.41%.