Senior Living in Glenwood, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Glenwood, NJ: 07418
- Glenwood scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Glenwood scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Clare\'s Hospital/sussex, St Anthony Community Hospital, and Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hope Gardens, Inc., Crystal Run Village, and Ellenville II Senior Housing.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 57 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (22% of residents).
- There are 84 golf courses in or around the city, including Scenic Farms Golf Course, Lake/Quarry Course at Great Gorge Golf Club, and Spa Golf Club, The.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Wallkill River National Wildlife Refuge, Wawayanda State Park, and 84 RV Rentals & Service.
- There are 28 churches in or near the city, including Vernon United Methodist Church, Sussex United Methodist Church, and Church of the Good Shepherd.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 39 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.70% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.90% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $116,131, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $73,810, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,798, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $83,400 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,616 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,970 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $49,192 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.71%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Glenwood receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Glenwood has harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Glenwood has a sparse population density of 480.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Glenwood have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Glenwood has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 99.45%.