Senior Living in Gloucester City, New Jersey
Top zip codes in Gloucester City, NJ: 08030
- Gloucester City scores lower than the New Jersey average of 76.
- Gloucester City scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 44 hospitals within close range of the city, including Virtua West Jersey Hosp-camden, Our Lady Of Lourdes Medical Center, and Cooper University Hospital.
- There are 222 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including St. Monica Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Collingswood Manor, and Cooper River West.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1787 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (24% of residents).
- There are 158 golf courses in or around the city, including Tavistock Country Club, Franklin D. Roosevelt Golf Course, and Westwood Golf Club.
- There are 27 parks near the city center, including Harleigh Cemetery, Saddler\'s Woods, and Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park.
- There are 718 churches in or near the city, including Lighthouse Baptist Church, St Mary\'s Church, and St Maurice Church.
- There are 21 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 1154 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 42 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 472 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 7.24% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.50% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Jersey has an average state income tax of 2.43%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,279, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $55,181, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,262, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $68,700 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,165 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.41%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gloucester City receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gloucester City has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Gloucester City has a dense population density of 5,022.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gloucester City have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Gloucester City has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.49%.