Senior Living in Goose Creek, South Carolina
Top zip codes in Goose Creek, SC: 29445
- Goose Creek scores higher than the South Carolina average of 72.
- Goose Creek scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Trident Medical Center, Healthsouth Rehab Hospital, and Roper Hospital North.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Goose Creek Manor, Horizon Senior Services-Hanahan, and Heartland Health and Rehabilitation Care Center - Hanahan.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 205 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (18% of residents).
- There are 32 golf courses in or around the city, including Oaks Plantation Country Club, Red Bank Plantation, and Crowfield Golf & Country Club.
- There are 11 parks near the city center, including Dennis Park, North Charleston Wannamaker County Park, and Crowfield Plantation.
- There are 96 churches in or near the city, including New Life Baptist Church, Midway Baptist Church, and Trident Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 96 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 8 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.33% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.51% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.50%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- South Carolina has an average state income tax of 4.61%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,948, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $56,728, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,065, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,600 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $85,775 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,340 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.06%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Goose Creek receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Goose Creek has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- This city has very good water quality.
- Goose Creek has an average population density of 916.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Goose Creek have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Goose Creek has a very low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.28%.