Senior Living in Gordon, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Gordon, PA: 17936
- Gordon scores lower than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Gordon scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Saint Catherine Medical Center Fountain Springs, Schuylkill Medical Center - South Jackson Street, and Schuylkill Medical Center - East Norwegian Street.
- There are 16 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Mount Carmel Outpatient Rehab Clinic, Broad Mountain Health and Rehabilitation Center, and Serenity Gardens Personal Care.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 96 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Fountain Springs Country Club, Rolling Meadows Golf Course, and Mountain Valley Golf Course -Oak/Pine.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Locust Lake State Park).
- There are 26 churches in or near the city, including Clough John R, Dial-A-Prayer, and Grace Evangelical Indpdnt Chr.
- There are 5 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 46 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 23 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.84% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.57% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $49,309, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,018, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $21,160, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $33,300 per year, which are very low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $96,725 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $14,560 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 15.70%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gordon receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gordon has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Gordon has an average population density of 1,286.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gordon have an average daily commute time.
- Gordon has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.18%.