Senior Living in Goshen, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Goshen, NH: 03752
- Goshen scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Goshen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (New London Hospital and New London Hospital).
- There are 15 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Horseshoe Pines Care Home, Woodlawn Care Center, and Summercrest.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 18 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (34% of residents).
- There are 28 golf courses in or around the city, including Newport Golf Club, Country Club of New Hampshire, and Lake Sunapee Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Fells and Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast).
- There are 21 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church, First Baptist Church, and Bridge Christian Fellowship.
- There are 3 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 16 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 10 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,956, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,344, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,057, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.50%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Goshen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Goshen has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Goshen has a very sparse population density of 36.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Goshen have an average daily commute time.
- Goshen has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.02%.