Senior Living in Goshen, New York
Top zip codes in Goshen, NY: 10924
- Goshen scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Goshen scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Orange Regional Medical Center, Mid-hudson Forensic Psych Ctr, and Middletown Psychiatric Center.
- There are 18 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Glen Arden, The Valley View Center For Nursing Care and Rehab, and Maplewood.
- There is an average number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 140 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 78 golf courses in or around the city, including Wallkill Golf Club, Town Of, Orange County Golf Club, and Otterkill Golf & Country Club.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Good Time Park, The Rock Sports Park, and Goose Pond Mountain State Park.
- There are 51 churches in or near the city, including St James Episcopal Church, Goshen United Methodist Church, and Goshen United Methodist Church.
- There are 12 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 108 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 9 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 66 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.50% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $99,799, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $86,801, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $34,630, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.76%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Goshen receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Goshen has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Goshen has a sparse population density of 342.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Goshen have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Goshen has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 87.90%.