Senior Living in Gothenburg, Nebraska
Top zip codes in Gothenburg, NE: 69138
- Gothenburg scores lower than the Nebraska average of 74.
- Gothenburg scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gothenburg Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hilltop Estates Rehabilitation Center, Hilltop Estates, and Stone Hearth Estates.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 79.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 7 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 2 golf courses in or around the city (Wild Horse Golf Course and Cozad Country Club).
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Lafayette Park, Lafayette Park Campground, and Lake Helen Recreation Area.
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Church of Christ and American Lutheran Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are no grocery stores within city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are no gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.10% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.89% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Nebraska has an average state income tax of 4.33%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $56,734, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,500, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,622, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,720 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $71,631 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $13,021 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,908 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.98%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gothenburg receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Gothenburg has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Gothenburg has a very sparse population density of 13.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gothenburg have a very short daily commute time.
- Gothenburg has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.85%.