Senior Living in Gowanda, New York
Top zip codes in Gowanda, NY: 14070
- Gowanda scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- Gowanda scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Tlc Health Network).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Fiddlers Green Manor Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Grand Meadows Senior Living, and Johnson Homes.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 6 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 33 golf courses in or around the city, including Gowanda Country Club, Tri-County Country Club, and Tri-County Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Zoar Valley MUA and Griffis Sculpture Park).
- There are 2 churches in or near the city (Saint Frances Cabrinin Rc Chr and First Congregational Church).
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 10 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 4 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.11% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.67% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,529, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $44,074, which is significantly lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $18,145, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.69%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gowanda receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gowanda has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Gowanda has a sparse population density of 131.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gowanda have an average daily commute time.
- Gowanda has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 80.29%.