Senior Living in Gower, Missouri
Top zip codes in Gower, MO: 64454
- Gower scores lower than the Missouri average of 72.
- Gower scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gower Convalescent Center, Oakridge of Plattsburg, and Clinton Care and Rehab Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 77.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Plattsburg Country Club, Paradise Pointe Golf Complex -Posse, and Moila Country Club.
- There are 8 parks near the city center, including Gower City Park, Comanche Acres Iris Garden, and Kendzora Conservation Area.
- There are 14 churches in or near the city, including Agency Methodist Church Parsonage, Gower Christian Church, and Gower First Baptist Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 5 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 3 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.15% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.86% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.79%, which is significantly higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Missouri has an average state income tax of 3.87%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $66,988, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,734, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $25,007, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $40,770 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $59,860 per year, which are very low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,800 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.34%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gower receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Gower has average mean temperatures, with average winters and warm summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Gower has a very sparse population density of 40.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gower have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Gower has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 93.73%.