Senior Living in Grand Junction, Colorado
- Grand Junction scores significantly higher than the Colorado average of 69.
- Grand Junction scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Grand Junction Va Medical Center, St Mary\'s Hospital And Medical Center, and Community Hospital.
- There are 26 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Atrium of Grand Valley, Mesa Manor Center, and The Fountains of Hilltop.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.0, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 107 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a high property crime rate.
- The area has a high violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 6 golf courses in or around the city, including Tiara Rado Golf Course, Golf Club at Redlands Mesa, The, and Lincoln Park Golf Course.
- There are 18 parks near the city center, including Westlake Park, Lincoln Park Arboretum, and Lincoln Park.
- There are 50 churches in or near the city, including St Joseph\'s Catholic Church, First Christian Church, and First Baptist Church.
- There are 11 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 24 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 1.68% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.46% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.90%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Colorado has an average state income tax of 4.63%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $64,161, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,996, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,541, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $37,200 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $88,330 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,120 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Grand Junction receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Grand Junction has average mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Grand Junction has an average population density of 1,370.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Grand Junction have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has a low public transportation ridership.
- Grand Junction has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 88.88%.