Senior Living in Grantham, New Hampshire
Top zip codes in Grantham, NH: 03753
- Grantham scores higher than the New Hampshire average of 75.
- Grantham scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 4 hospitals within close range of the city, including Alice Peck Day Memorial Hospital, Mary Hitchcock Mem Hospital, and New London Hospital.
- There are 21 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Hallkeen Assisted Living - Sunapee Cove , Sunapee Cove Assisted Living, and Summercrest.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.3, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 25 golf courses in or around the city, including Eastman Golf Links, Fore-U Golf Center, and Carter Country Club.
- There are 2 parks near the city center (Twin Doors Bed & Breakfast and Saint-Gaudens National Historic Site).
- There are 37 churches in or near the city, including Christ Community Church, Singing Hills Christian Flwshp, and Community Baptist Church.
- There are 9 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 29 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 6.16% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.04% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 0.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New Hampshire has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $100,445, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $89,125, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,304, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,000 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $110,230 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,900 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $52,624 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.09%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Grantham receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Grantham has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Grantham has a sparse population density of 109.6 people per square mile.
- Residents of Grantham have a short daily commute time.
- Grantham has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 94.54%.