Senior Living in Grantsville, Maryland
Top zip codes in Grantsville, MD: 21536
- Grantsville scores significantly lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Grantsville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Meyersdale Medical Center).
- There are 8 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Goodwill Mennonite Home Grantsville MD, Johnson\'s Personal Care Homes, and Golden LivingCenter - Meyersdale.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (29% of residents).
- There are 17 golf courses in or around the city, including Maplehurst Country Club, Golf Club At Wisp, The, and Piney Run Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Casselman River Bridge State Park, New Germany State Park, and Savage River State Forest.
- There are 25 churches in or near the city, including Maranatha Assembly of God, Springs Mennonite Church, and Mountain View Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 13 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.18% of total income, which is significantly lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,606, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $47,802, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,496, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $55,800 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $95,448 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.21%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Grantsville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Grantsville has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Grantsville has a very sparse population density of 41.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Grantsville have a short daily commute time.
- Grantsville has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 81.66%.