Senior Living in Grantville, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Grantville, PA: 17028
- Grantville scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Grantville scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Milton S Hershey Medical Center).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Palmyra Health and Rehabilitation Center, Countryside Christian Community, and Lebanon Valley Brethren Home.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 135 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 55 golf courses in or around the city, including Manada Golf Club, Colonial Country Club, and Blue Ridge Country Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Hershey Gardens, Swatara State Park, and Jonestown KOA.
- There are 135 churches in or near the city, including Faith United Church of Christ, St Johns United Methodist Chr, and Shells Evangelical Lutheran.
- There are 7 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 60 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 7 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 49 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 3.48% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.54% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,860, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $54,366, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,558, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,840 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $114,610 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,080 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.57%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Grantville receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Grantville has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- Grantville has a sparse population density of 153.3 people per square mile.
- Residents of Grantville have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a very low public transportation ridership.
- Grantville has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 85.34%.