Senior Living in Granville, Vermont
Top zip codes in Granville, VT: 05747
- Granville scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Granville scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Gifford Medical Center).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Gifford Medical Center - Menig Extended Care Facility, Windover House, and Mayo Manor.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (30% of residents).
- There are 19 golf courses in or around the city, including Sugarbush Golf Club, Montague Golf Club, and White River Golf Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Allis State Park).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Warren United Church, First Baptist Church, and Bethany United Church-christ.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 12 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 6 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.63% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.67% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $65,395, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $50,000, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $29,026, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.44%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Granville receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Granville has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very good air quality.
- Granville has a very sparse population density of 5.5 people per square mile.
- Residents of Granville have an average daily commute time.
- Granville has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.80%.