Senior Living in Grapevine, Texas
Top zip codes in Grapevine, TX: 76051
- Grapevine scores significantly higher than the Texas average of 74.
- Grapevine scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 13 hospitals within close range of the city, including Baylor Regional Medical Center At Grapevine, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southlake, and Irving Coppell Surgical Hospital Llp.
- There are 166 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Kindred Transitional Care And Rehabilitation-Grapevine, Woodridge Health and Rehabilitation, and Stoneybrook Memory Care of Grapevine.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 793 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has an average property crime rate.
- The area has a low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very low percentage of seniors in the population (20% of residents).
- There are 113 golf courses in or around the city, including Grapevine Municipal Golf Course -Mockingbird, Cowboys Golf Club, and Timarron Country Club.
- There are 33 parks near the city center, including Botanical Gardens-Heritage Pk, DFW Airport Founders\' Plaza, and The Vineyards Campground & Cabins.
- There are 288 churches in or near the city, including First Baptist Church-Grapevine, Memorial Baptist Church, and Fellowship Church.
- There are 17 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 338 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 29 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 270 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.34% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.37% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.25%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Texas has an average state income tax of 0.00%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $95,799, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $76,040, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $38,304, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $46,722 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $78,475 per year, which are low compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $43,472 annually, which are low compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.26%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Grapevine receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Grapevine has ideal mean temperatures, with very mild winters and very warm summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- Grapevine has an average population density of 1,257.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Grapevine have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Grapevine has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.77%.