Senior Living in Greencastle, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Greencastle, PA: 17225
- Greencastle scores higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Greencastle scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 5 hospitals within close range of the city, including Meritus Medical Center, Brook Lane Health Services, and Western Maryland Center.
- There are 38 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Heritage Hills Retirement Community, Charlotte\'s Home II, and Mennonite Home.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 136 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (25% of residents).
- There are 31 golf courses in or around the city, including Greencastle Greens Golf Club, Whitetail Golf Resort, and Blackrock Golf Course.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Enoch Brown Memorial Park, Keystone RV Center, and Snavely\'s Garden Corner.
- There are 70 churches in or near the city, including Upton Church of Brethren, Maugansville Bible Brethren, and Salem Reformed Church.
- There are 13 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 78 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 5 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 48 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.94% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.99% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $74,225, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $59,083, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $28,950, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $54,720 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $118,808 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $16,640 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $44,616 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.93%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very low compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Greencastle receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Greencastle has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Greencastle has a sparse population density of 231.9 people per square mile.
- Residents of Greencastle have an average daily commute time.
- Greencastle has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 86.58%.