Senior Living in Greenfield, Massachusetts
Top zip codes in Greenfield, MA: 01301
- Greenfield scores significantly lower than the Massachusetts average of 77.
- Greenfield scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Baystate Franklin Medical Center).
- There are 12 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Poet\'s Seat Health Care Center, Charlene Manor Extended Care Facility, and Farren Care Center.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 39 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 39 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadows Golf Course, The, Country Club of Greenfield, The, and Crumpin-Fox Club.
- There are 7 parks near the city center, including Connecticut River Greenway State Park, South River State Forest, and Northfield Mountain Ski Center.
- There are 20 churches in or near the city, including St James Episcopal Church, Blessed Sacrament Catholic Ch, and Sacred Heart Catholic Church.
- There is 1 mall / shopping center within close range of the city.
- There are 27 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 15 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.58% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.34% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.25%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Massachusetts has an average state income tax of 4.74%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,130, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $46,138, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,332, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $57,270 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $141,058 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $17,550 per year, which are average compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,196 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.04%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Greenfield receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Greenfield has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- This city has above average water quality.
- Greenfield has an average population density of 694.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Greenfield have a short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Greenfield has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.26%.