Senior Living in Greenfield Park, New York
Top zip codes in Greenfield Park, NY: 12435
- Greenfield Park scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Greenfield Park scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Ellenville Regional Hospital, Ellenville Community Hospital, and Catskill Regional Medical Center.
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Country Gardens Apartments, John Crawford Senior Citizen Housing, and Sullivan County Adult Care Center.
- There is a low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 31 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (37% of residents).
- There are 45 golf courses in or around the city, including Homowack Hotel Golf Course, Blue/Red Course at Nevele Grand Resort and Country Club, and Lochmor Golf Course.
- There are 6 parks near the city center, including Yogi Bear\'s Jellystone Park, Hilltop Farm Campsites, and Camp Kaylie.
- There are 10 churches in or near the city, including Assembly of Christian Churches, Praise Dominion Family Worship, and Ellenville Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 45 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 12 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.93% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $69,354, which is higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $62,188, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $30,724, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,000 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $140,529 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $15,600 per year, which are low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,620 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.08%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Greenfield Park receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Greenfield Park has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Greenfield Park has a very sparse population density of 32.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Greenfield Park have an average daily commute time.
- Greenfield Park has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 91.00%.