Senior Living in Greensboro, Vermont
Top zip codes in Greensboro, VT: 05841
- Greensboro scores lower than the Vermont average of 72.
- Greensboro scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are no hospitals within close range of the city.
- There are 3 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Greensboro Nursing Home, Northern Kare Facilities - Union House Nursing Home, and Northern Kare Facilities - Maple Lane Nursing Home.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 11 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (56% of residents).
- There are 16 golf courses in or around the city, including Mountain View Country Club, Barton Golf Club, and Barton Golf Club.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Highland Lodge, Lakeview Cabins, and Crystal Lake State Park.
- There are 23 churches in or near the city, including Greensboro United Church, East Craftsbury Presbyterian, and Touch of Grace Assembly of God.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 11 grocery stores within the city.
- There are no movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 2 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.68% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.45% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Vermont has an average state income tax of 3.03%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $62,204, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $48,750, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $32,105, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $47,340 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $104,025 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $32,032 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 2.31%, which is very low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Greensboro receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Greensboro has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Greensboro has a very sparse population density of 14.8 people per square mile.
- Residents of Greensboro have a very short daily commute time.
- Greensboro has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very high public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 89.78%.