Senior Living in Greenwald, Minnesota
Top zip codes in Greenwald, MN: 56335
- Greenwald scores higher than the Minnesota average of 70.
- Greenwald scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 3 hospitals within close range of the city, including Centracare Health System - Melrose Hospital, Melrose Area Hospital, and St Michaels Hospital & Nursing Home.
- There are 10 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including CentraCare Health - Melrose Pine Villa Care Center, CentraCare Health - Melrose Park View Center, and Alternative Senior Care.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a low number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 81.1, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 15 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (46% of residents).
- There are 13 golf courses in or around the city, including Meadowlark Country Club, Sauk Centre Country Club, and Lynx National Golf Course, The.
- There are 3 parks near the city center, including Melrose City Administration, Sauk River Park, and Sinclair Lewis Park.
- There are 12 churches in or near the city, including St Mary\'s Rectory, St Michael\'s Rectory, and St John\'s Rectory.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 17 grocery stores within the city.
- There is 1 movie theatre in or near the city.
- There are 5 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.63% of total income, which is lower than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.96% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.38%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Minnesota has an average state income tax of 4.79%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $54,210, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,500, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $26,675, which is higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $36,336 per year, which are low compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $90,710 per year, which are average compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,097 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,904 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.56%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is average compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Greenwald receives ideal levels of rainfall each year.
- Greenwald has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Greenwald has a sparse population density of 385.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Greenwald have a very short daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Greenwald has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 82.76%.