Senior Living in Groton, New York
Top zip codes in Groton, NY: 13073
- Groton scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- Groton scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a low number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Cortland Regional Medical Center, Inc and Cayuga Medical Center At Ithaca).
- There are 17 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Groton Community Health Care Center R C F, El Dorado Manor, and Walden Place.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 102 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 36 golf courses in or around the city, including Stonehedges Golf Club, Fillmore Golf Club, and Lakeview Golf Club.
- There are 12 parks near the city center, including Lime Hollow Center for Environment and Culture, Empire Haven Nudist Park, and Fillmore Glen State Park.
- There are 6 churches in or near the city, including Groton Assembly of God, Christ United Methodist Church, and Agape Bible Church.
- There are 10 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 44 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 4 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 31 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.30% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $63,469, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $53,578, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $24,592, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $92,280 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $107,982 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $11,700 per year, which are very low compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $58,916 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.42%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Groton receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Groton has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Groton has a sparse population density of 117.0 people per square mile.
- Residents of Groton have a short daily commute time.
- Groton has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 90.23%.