Senior Living in Groveland, New York
Top zip codes in Groveland, NY: 14462
- Groveland scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Groveland scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There is 1 hospital within close range of the city (Nicholas H Noyes Memorial Hospital).
- There are 4 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Livingston County Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation, Morgan Estates Assisted Living Community, and Seniors Helping Seniors.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 30 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (26% of residents).
- There are 46 golf courses in or around the city, including Conesus Golf Club, Keshequa Golf Club, and Livingston Country Club.
- There are 5 parks near the city center, including Conesus Lake Campground, Mount Morris Dam & Recreation Area, and Holiday Hill Campground.
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including St Patricks Holy Angel Cath Ch, Interfaith Center, and St Michael\'s Episcopal Church.
- There are no malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 21 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 2 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 14 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.00% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.73% of property value, which is lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $58,947, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $52,188, which is higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $22,371, which is significantly lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $49,695 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $135,050 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $22,100 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $56,925 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.62%, which is average compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Groveland receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Groveland has very harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Groveland has a very sparse population density of 54.7 people per square mile.
- Residents of Groveland have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Groveland has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a high graduation rate of 92.11%.