Senior Living in Guilderland, New York
Top zip codes in Guilderland, NY: 12084
- Guilderland scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- Guilderland scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 10 hospitals within close range of the city, including St Clare\'s Hosp Of Schenectady, Albany Medical Center / South Clinical Campus, and St Peter\'s Hospital.
- There are 63 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Our Lady of Mercy Life Center, Atria Guilderland, and Teresian House Center for ELderly.
- There is a high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 401 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has an average percentage of seniors in the population (28% of residents).
- There are 52 golf courses in or around the city, including Red/White Course at Western Turnpike Golf Course, Pinehaven Country Club, and Hiawatha Trails.
- There are 23 parks near the city center, including Tawasentha Park, Albany Pine Bush Preserve, and Fort Hunter.
- There are 350 churches in or near the city, including Saint Boniface Episcopal Church of Guilderland, Hamilton Union Presbyterian Ch, and Grace Baptist Church.
- There are 29 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 238 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 15 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 141 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.49% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.74% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $82,867, which is significantly higher than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $74,929, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $39,972, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $51,705 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $137,934 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $21,320 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $53,768 annually, which are very high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.47%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Guilderland receives low levels of rainfall each year.
- Guilderland has harsh mean temperatures, with cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has average air quality.
- Guilderland has an average population density of 1,184.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Guilderland have a short daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Guilderland has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.39%.