Senior Living in Guilford, Connecticut
Top zip codes in Guilford, CT: 06437
- Guilford scores lower than the Connecticut average of 75.
- Guilford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 6 hospitals within close range of the city, including The Connecticut Hospice, Conn Mental Health Center, and Masonic Home And Hospital.
- There are 70 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including The Guilford House, Evergreen Woods, and The Gables at Guilford.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 235 pharmacies within close range of the city.
- The area has a low property crime rate.
- The area has a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (35% of residents).
- There are 96 golf courses in or around the city, including Guilford Lakes Golf Course, Madison Country Club, and Twin Lakes Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks near the city center, including Chatfield Hollow State Park, Hammonasset Beach State Park, and East Rock Park.
- There are 132 churches in or near the city, including St George Catholic Church, Christ Episcopal Church, and First Congregational Church.
- There are 4 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 144 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 6 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 101 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 5.66% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.69% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.85%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Connecticut has an average state income tax of 3.20%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $132,354, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $95,085, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $52,709, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,680 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $155,125 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,020 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,450 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.97%, which is low compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Guilford receives very high levels of rainfall each year.
- Guilford has harsh mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has very poor air quality.
- This city has average water quality.
- Guilford has a sparse population density of 475.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Guilford have an average daily commute time.
- The city has an average public transportation ridership.
- Guilford has a very high public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 96.09%.