Senior Living in Guilford, New York
Top zip codes in Guilford, NY: 13780
- Guilford scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- Guilford scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 2 hospitals within close range of the city (Chenango Memorial Hospital, Inc and The Hospital).
- There are 5 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including New York State Veterans\' Home - Oxford, Valley View Manor Skilled Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Chenango Valley Home and Apartments.
- There is a very low number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 36 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a high percentage of seniors in the population (31% of residents).
- There are 26 golf courses in or around the city, including Sundown Golf & Country Club, Blue Stone Golf Course, and Canasawacta Country Club.
- There is 1 park near the city center (Bowman Lake State Park).
- There are 11 churches in or near the city, including Episcopal Rectory E Main, First Baptist Church, and Renton Barbara A.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 20 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 3 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 11 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.04% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 2.35% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.50%, which is lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- New York has an average state income tax of 4.81%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $57,670, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $58,289, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,312, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $39,840 per year, which are average compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $109,500 per year, which are high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $28,600 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $48,048 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 19.72%, which is very high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Guilford receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Guilford has very harsh mean temperatures, with very cold winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has above average air quality.
- Guilford has a very sparse population density of 47.2 people per square mile.
- Residents of Guilford have an average daily commute time.
- Guilford has a low public school quality ranking.
- The city has an average public school safety rating.
- This city has a low graduation rate of 83.80%.