Senior Living in Gwynedd, Pennsylvania
Top zip codes in Gwynedd, PA: 19436
- Gwynedd scores significantly higher than the Pennsylvania average of 75.
- Gwynedd scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 22 hospitals within close range of the city, including Horsham Clinic, Lansdale Hospital, and Northwestern Institute.
- There are 204 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Foulkeways at Gwynedd, Silver Stream Center, and Sunrise of Blue Bell.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is a very high number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 809 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a very high percentage of seniors in the population (75% of residents).
- There are 174 golf courses in or around the city, including Blue/Red Course at Limekiln Golf Course, Horsham Valley Golf Club, and Squires Golf Club.
- There are 10 parks near the city center, including Graeme Park, Norristown Farm Park, and Morris Arboretum of the University of Pennsylvania.
- There are 317 churches in or near the city, including Gwynedd Friends Meeting, Church of the Messiah, and Beth or.
- There are 6 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 345 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 17 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 287 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 4.17% of total income, which is significantly higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 1.29% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 7.00%, which is higher than the national average of 6.97%.
- Pennsylvania has an average state income tax of 3.07%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $125,377, which is significantly lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $64,375, which is significantly higher than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $81,735, which is significantly higher than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $58,626 per year, which are very high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $127,750 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $19,110 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $50,336 annually, which are high compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.38%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gwynedd receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- Gwynedd has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Gwynedd has a dense population density of 1,823.4 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gwynedd have a very long daily commute time.
- The city has a very high public transportation ridership.
- Gwynedd has an average public school quality ranking.
- The city has a very low public school safety rating.
- This city has a very high graduation rate of 98.49%.