Senior Living in Gwynn Oak, Maryland
Top zip codes in Gwynn Oak, MD: 21207
- Gwynn Oak scores lower than the Maryland average of 78.
- Gwynn Oak scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within the city limits.
- There are 29 hospitals within close range of the city, including James Lawrence Kernan Hospital, Sinai Hospital Of Baltimore, and Levindale Hebrew Ger Ctr.
- There are 273 senior living facilities in close proximity to the city, including Loving Touch Personal Care, Pleasant Woods, and Grace Manor Senior Assisted Living.
- There is a very high number of home healthcare providers operating in the city.
- There is an average number of fire stations serving the city.
- The average life expectancy is 78.8, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 1096 pharmacies within close range of the city.
Recreation & Leisure
- The city has a low percentage of seniors in the population (27% of residents).
- There are 82 golf courses in or around the city, including Forest Park Golf Course, Diamond Ridge Golf Course -Diamond Ridge, and Rolling Road Golf Club.
- There are 20 parks near the city center, including Gwynn Oak Park, Carrie Murray Nature Center, and Gwynns Falls.
- There are 830 churches in or near the city, including Redeemed Christian Chr of God, First Baptist Church-Baltimore, and Concord Foundation for Urban.
- There are 23 malls / shopping centers within close range of the city.
- There are 666 grocery stores within the city.
- There are 26 movie theatres in or near the city.
- There are 337 gyms or health clubs in or near the city.
- The property taxes average 2.98% of total income, which is higher than the national average of 2.79%.
- The property taxes average 0.87% of property value, which is significantly lower than the national average of 1.09%.
- The city sales taxes averages 6.00%, which is significantly lower than the national average of 6.97%.
- Maryland has an average state income tax of 4.15%, compared to the national average of 3.38%.
- The city's mean household income is $59,495, which is lower than the national average of $64,580.
- The city's median household income is $49,162, which is lower than the national median of $51,560.
- The city's per capita income is $23,615, which is lower than the national average of $25,611.
- Assisted living costs average $45,600 per year, which are high compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $119,720 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $20,670 per year, which are high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $45,760 annually, which are average compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.38%, which is high compared to national averages.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- Gwynn Oak receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- Gwynn Oak has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This city has below average air quality.
- This city has below average water quality.
- Gwynn Oak has a dense population density of 4,668.1 people per square mile.
- Residents of Gwynn Oak have a long daily commute time.
- The city has a high public transportation ridership.
- Gwynn Oak has a high public school quality ranking.
- The city has a high public school safety rating.
- This city has an average graduation rate of 84.96%.